16 Jul 2022 | Digital Marketing Expert Vs. International Marketing Manager
Marketing has experienced a paradigm shift with digital technologies pervading every aspect of our lives. The marketing trend has shifted from billboards and television advertising to digital promotions via email marketing, online promotional campaigns, social media, etc.
Digital marketing which used to be a niche industry a few years back, is now an integral part of all marketing activities across businesses. The fast-moving digital world has pushed all the brands to have digital marketing experts on their team, which help the firm engage prospects, generate quality leads and drive traffic to the company's website.
What are Digital Marketing Courses
This massive need for brands to have an online presence has paved the way for digital marketing experts as well as international marketing managers. Digital marketing experts are those individuals who apply strategies to make products and services of a company gain online visibility. On the other hand, international marketing managers are those who specialize in global marketing tactics.
In this article, we will understand the difference between the two, what you will study in each of these courses, and which colleges and universities offer the best courses in both spheres.
Digital marketing courses teach you different marketing techniques to increase the brand's reach to its target audience and eventually convert them into customers.
- Digital marketing involves techniques such as SEO (Search engine optimization,) email marketing, SEM (Search Engine Marketing), inbound marketing, social media marketing, web analytics, and content marketing.
- A digital marketing expert would use a variety of digital channels to build brand awareness and leads. Some of the most common digital channels they use are company websites, social media networks such as FB or Instagram, mobile apps like Whatsapp, blogs, online display ads, etc.
- An integral part of the job of a digital marketer is analytics. By applying analytics digital marketing experts measure how their digital campaigns are performing, find out weaknesses, and improve performances across all channels.
What are International Marketing Courses?
International marketing teaches tools and techniques to maximize a firm’s international market profits and share. The course teaches you global market trends and how products should be developed to meet international demands.
- In simple words, international marketers apply the marketing principles to more than one country.
- International marketing courses acquaint students with the varied demands and needs of different people in different countries and how to apply marketing principles to a global market.
- International marketing is also called global marketing where marketing managers design the marketing mix (price, product, promotion, place) across the world and customize it as per the preferences of people of different nations.
- International marketing leverages similarities across cultures, understands local differences, and customizes marketing to suit different cultures.
- The kind of decisions that an international marketer takes are:
- Which markets should the business enter
- How to set competitive pricing
- How to avoid cultural faux-pas
- Adapt the brand's message to different nations
- With the use of international marketing, a business can achieve the following goals:
- Reach more customers
- Increase sales and revenue
- Increase products and services awareness.
What is Taught in Digital Marketing Courses?
A digital marketing course combines analytical thinking and creativity with technology. The following skills are an integral part of any digital marketing course:
SEO and SEM: Search engine optimization and search engine marketing are two vital parts of digital marketing. These strategies enable companies to drive more traffic to their website by giving them high search engine rankings.
Content marketing: This skill teaches students to create engaging content in the form of videos, blogs, podcasts, articles, case studies, white papers, etc.
Data and analytics: In this section, you learn how to monitor campaigns and use them effectively to improve your marketing strategies. Analytics help digital marketers plan the optimum custom journey by gathering and using collected information.
Technical stack: A digital marketing expert must adapt quickly to industry changes so as to keep their digital marketing plans up to date. By learning certain technical aspects like web coding, and CMS (Content Management System), you are able to be on top of the changing trends.
What is Taught in International Marketing Courses?
International marketing course is offered in marketing undergraduate and graduate programs in international business. The course teaches students how to assess global marketing movements to develop worldwide marketing strategies.
- Students are taught how to interact in intercultural business scenarios.
- The course curriculum includes pricing strategy, corporate communications, digital marketing, and business creativity.
- Some of the topics learned during international marketing graduate programs are:
- International economies
- International cultures
- Market and economic research
- International business laws
- Brand management and strategy
- This course will also give you advanced knowledge of international markets which teaches you how to smoothly transition from domestic to international markets.
- You also learn cross-industry innovation that teaches you how to expand into other industries.
Entry Requirements for Digital Marketing Courses
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized educational institution.
- Some courses take students who are either interns or professionals and not fresh graduates.
- Some courses require you to have at least two years of work experience which is waived off for MBA graduates.
Entry Requirements for International Marketing Courses
- A bachelor's degree in economics, marketing, or other business-related subjects which have a strong marketing element.
- Students who do not have English as their first language must have proof of English proficiency, such as IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE scores.
Best Countries to Study Digital Marketing Courses
Top countries and universities that offer digital marketing courses are:
- The USA: Berkeley Global, University of California, Berkeley, University of Missouri.
- Germany: Berlin School of Business and Innovation, Berlin, GISMA Business School
- France: Kedge Business School, Marseille, Em-Lyon Business School
- The UK: University of Greenwich, London, Northumbria University
- Japan: United International Business Schools, Tokyo
- Australia: The University of Technology Sydney, Sydney, Curtin University – Curtin
- Canada: York University, Toronto, George Brown College.
- Netherlands: Witteborg University of Applied Sciences
Best Countries to Study Abroad Marketing Courses
- The UK: University of Nottingham, University of Roehampton, The University of Law, University of Derby, University of Brighton
- Australia: Macquarie University,
- New Zealand: Lincoln University
- Hong Kong: Hong Kong Baptist University of Business
- The USA: Temple University, Arizona State University(Kaplan International)
- Germany: IU International University of Applied Sciences, GISMA University of Applied Science, Munich Business School
Cost of Abroad Studying Digital Marketing Courses
digital marketing abroad is an exhilarating opportunity that offers not just academic growth, but also personal and professional development on an international scale. However, it's important to understand the cost implications associated with such an endeavor. Most counties abroad would cost around 20,000 to 38,000 USD for digital marketing courses. Europe is the cheapest among all overseas countries where the cost of the course is between 6400 USD to 7700 USD.
Cost of Studying Abroad International Marketing Courses
Our International Marketing courses offered abroad open doors to unparalleled learning experiences, allowing you to grasp the intricacies of marketing on a global scale. Through a comprehensive curriculum designed to bridge theoretical knowledge with practical applications, you'll develop the skills necessary to excel in the ever-evolving realm of international commerce. The cost of the course varies from country to country and also between universities. On average, the cost comes between 18,000 USD to 25,000 USD.
Benefits of Digital Marketing Courses
- It is a lucrative career with high pay packages.
- Digital marketing has seen unprecedented growth of 25 to 30% annually, and it is here to stay.
- Digital marketing courses have jobs across various industries and it offers accelerated career growth.
- Digital marketers enjoy great flexibility in terms of work timings since the entire domain is based around the internet. Hence physical location does not matter much.
- Certification in digital marketing has become an industry-standard where companies are attaching value to certification and partnering with educational institutes to design programs for digital marketing courses.
Benefits of International Marketing Courses
- The course imparts advanced knowledge of international markets, which helps in expanding your knowledge about strategic marketing techniques.
- As an international marketing manager, you get to attend conferences and seminars and visit the most relevant companies in your domain.
- Since most brands and organizations are starting to grow globally, the need for international marketing managers is predicted to grow exponentially.
- You can be placed in a variety of industries at lucrative positions such as a bank, human resources, financial analyst, management analyst, etc.
- The course helps you become a better global professional and raise your market value.
As the digital era booms, both digital and international marketing are deemed fabulous career options. Where digital marketing means the application of digital strategies like SEO, SEM, content writing, etc., at the local or national level, international marketing takes the same fundamentals to a global level. If you are a fresh graduate without any business experience, then a digital marketing course is apt for you. If you want to broaden your horizon and possess a degree in any business-related field, then you must take up an international marketing course.