If you are an international student going to pursue any full-time, part-time or certificate courses in Poland, you need a Poland student visa. It is vital to understand all the steps to apply for a Poland student visa as it can become a challenging process, at times. Students can apply for different categories of student visas, based on their course duration in Poland.
POLAND STUDENT VISA CATEGORIES:
Below are two types of Poland student visa that gives students the right to stay in Poland that pursue their desired courses:
- National Poland Student Visa: as the name suggests, the national Poland visa is a common student visa application for students pursuing courses longer than a year.
- Schengen Poland Visa: Schengen Poland visa is for all international students pursuing a 3-month study program in Poland. However, students who wish to stay in Poland for longer than 3 months must apply for a temporary residence permit before their student Schengen visa expires.
According to the Polish student visa guidelines, international students are allowed to work part-time; therefore, 20 hours a week during their studies and full-time during breaks or holidays.
COST OF VISA
The cost of a Polish student visa is PLN 70. Students can pay the visa application fee through credit card or cash at the VFS global center in their home country.
Below is the list of all the documents required to finish the Polish student visa application process smoothly:
- Letter of acceptance from a Polish University
- Signed and completed visa application
- National Passport
- Proof of travel and health insurance
- Proof of residence or housing in Poland
- Financial Evidence: Students must show proof of funds in their bank accounts. International students must show proof of funds to ensure they can pay their living expenses and tuition fees in Poland. Depending on the duration of the course, students must have 800 - 1200 PLN per month (multiplied by the number of months they wish to study in Poland) in their bank account along with the funds for a return ticket to their country.
- A document confirming or serving as proof for a national or foreign scholarship to study in Poland (if applicable)
Apart from the tuition fee, Poland's living costs are around PLN 700 monthly.
Students also need to submit the following docs:
- Visa application fee receipt
- Proof of tuition fee payment
- Evidence of English proficiency test
- Passport size photograph
- Birth certificate
- Academic documents and other transcripts
- Cover letter
- Proof of residence in your home country
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE STUDY VISA
These are the steps that students need to follow to apply for a Polish student visa:
Step 1: Students need a letter of enrollment from the recognized Polish institute and proof to meet the financial requirements.
Step 2: Make your account on the official Polish student visa website.
Step 3: Fill in all the required details in your visa application after registering on the official Polish consulate website.
Step 4: Students must schedule an appointment with the nearest Polish embassy in their home country to complete their visa application process.
Step 5: Students can pay the visa application fee along with the signed and printed visa application fee at the time of their interview at the nearest VFS Global centre.
WHERE TO APPLY:
- To meet the biometric requirements, students need to visit the VFS Global centre or the Polish embassy in their home country.
Lastly, If you want further information regarding the visa process, get in touch with us now!