UK STUDENT VISA: A COMPLETE GUIDE
UK Student VISA is for the student who is looking to study in the UK. Getting a student VISA is easier than that of the USA.
UK STUDENT VISA CATEGORIES
There are two types of UK student VISA categories for the student. These are:
- TIER-4 (General) Student VISA: The student VISA is for the student above 16 years of age, looking to study in the UK.
- TIER-2 (Child) Student VISA: The student VISA is for the student belonging in 4-15 years of age group, looking to study in the UK.
The students who are enrolled for the bachelor's or higher degree program are eligible to work 20 hours a week.
As per the latest rules, the UK government has reinforced its Post Study Work permit rules. Students who will start studying in the year of 2020-21, will get a benefit of 2 years Post-study work permit. This means the student can now stay there for 2 years, after completing the studies. The rule is expected to benefit a huge number of Indian students.
COST OF VISA
The cost of the UK student VISA is GBP 348. The fee can be paid through either a Master Card or Credit card or a demand draft or at the VISA application center.
The documents need to show academic and financial credentials. Here is the following checklist you should follow:
- A fully complete and accurate UK study VISA application form.
- A letter of acceptance from the education provider, that is CAS is required. It will be provided by the respective education provider. A VISA letter will also be received by the education provider. To be clear, the VISA letter should not be more than 6 months older.
- Financial evidence: You need to show a total sum, covering your tuition fees for the first year and a total of 9 months living costs. Living costs will vary as per the city in the UK. The living costs are mentioned under the UK VISA immigration rules. The total amount needs to be held in your account for a minimum number of 28 days. But one thing is to be remembered that this 28 days period should get end at least one month before filing the VISA application.
The living costs amount which needs to be taken care of is GBP 12006 for London and GBP 9207 for outside London.
You also need to gather the following docs:
- Your Payslips
- VISA fee receipt
- Scoresheet of exams like IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Original academic documents
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE STUDY VISA
Follow the steps to apply for the UK student VISA:
Step 1: You need to obtain the CAS letter or the Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies, from the university, where you wish to study. At this stage, you also need to make sufficient funds available in your account. The amount should consist of 1st-year tuition fees and 9 months living expenses as defined above.
Step 2: Get all your academics, Passport, and financial documents up to date.
Step 3: You will have to file the online visa application. For this, you need to create an account on the UK Visa website. After the form completion, simply take the print of all the payments which you have made while filling the online VISA application form.
You also need to book an online appointment at the VFS Global VISA Application centre. You will be doing this from the Online appointment calendar option. After the completion, you will receive an email containing the application number.
Step 4: VISA Appointment can be done online through your VISA or Master card.
Premium Visa Services
In case of urgency, you can for Premium services. In this case, your application will be processed on a top priority basis. Here, the work will be done under 5 days. In the case of Super priority VISA, your work will be done under 24 hours. Note that, in both the services the cost will be additional over the standard visa fee and the amount will be non-refundable.
WHERE TO APPLY
- For Biometrics, you need to visit the nearest VFS global VISA Application Centre (VAC)
So, we hope that you have understood about the UK student VISA. For more information, simply get in touch with us!